Who are we?
The Yorkshire Agricultural Society (YAS) is best known for organising the Great Yorkshire Show in July, but perhaps is lesser known for the work we do throughout the rest of the year. A registered charity, founded in 1837, YAS was established to promote agriculture in Yorkshire and our first objective was to run a major agricultural event.
Our objectives are:-
- To support and promote agriculture, rural and allied industries throughout the North of England including championing the role of farmers as providers of high-quality produce and encouraging consumers to choose healthy and local produce.
- To advance and encourage agricultural research and greater understanding and empathy with farming and the countryside amongst the general public and particularly children.
- To advance and encourage the protection and sustainability of the environment.
- To hold in pursuance of its main objectives an annual agricultural show.
- For such charitable purposes as the Trustees in their absolute discretion see fit.
Delivering Our Vision
How do we do this?
To help fund the charitable work of the YAS, we developed first-class facilities on the Showground which could be operated commercially.
Modern exhibition & conference centre
boasting the region’s largest single events space.
Hugely versatile wedding & events venue
that’s perfect for celebrations.
Farm shop and café selling produce
from over 430 local suppliers.
camping & caravan site.