The Yorkshire Agricultural Society is best known for organising the Great Yorkshire Show, but this is only part of its work.
The Society also arranges a programme of events and supports the wider community by providing support, advice and funding in line with its charitable objectives:
- To support and promote agriculture, rural and allied industries throughout the North of England. Including championing the role of farmers as providers of high quality produce and encouraging consumers to choose healthy, local produce.
- To advance and encourage agricultural research and greater understanding and empathy with farming and the countryside amongst the general public, particularly children
- To advance and encourage the protection and sustainability of the environment
- To hold an annual agricultural show
- For such charitable purposes as the Trustees see fit
Our Charitable Activities Committee meets three times a year to oversee the Society’s agreed activities and to allocate funds. For more information about the support we offer and how you can access it, please click on the links in the Charitable Activities sub menu.