The Yorkshire Food Farming and Rural Network is seeking a new Network Chair.
As a group supported by the Yorkshire Agricultural Society, the Network exists to champion the rural voice.
It enables connectivity across the food, farming and rural sectors and is a vehicle to share important information to regional stakeholders.
It is a valuable network to bring members together and build relationships which can collectively champion and influence at a local, regional, and national level.
Following the end of current Network Chair Madge Moore’s second full term, candidates are sought to take up the voluntary position and direct the Network’s agenda, working closely with the Network’s Coordinator, Holly Jones.
The Yorkshire Food Farming and Rural Network has a valuable role to play in both ensuring rural issues are discussed by stakeholders as a collective, and sharing this intelligence with local, regional and national decision makers to influence positive change.
The Network Chair has a key role to play in ensuring a coordinated approach to this important work.
A description of the Chair’s role is available here.
Applications are welcomed from candidates with leadership experience and a strong knowledge of current farming and rural issues.
Candidates will be shortlisted and interviewed by a selection panel drawn from the Yorkshire Food Farming and Rural Network’s Executive.
Please send a CV and covering letter before Friday 16th June 2023.
Applications should be addressed to: Holly Jones, Network Coordinator – Yorkshire Food Farming and Rural Network, Yorkshire Agricultural Society, Regional Agricultural Centre, Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate, HG2 8NZ or by email to Hollyj@yas.co.uk
For further information, please contact Holly Jones using the email address above or by calling 01423 546 251.
The Yorkshire Food Farming and Rural Network champions the needs of farming, agri-food, rural businesses, and rural communities to enable them to become more resilient, competitive, and sustainable.
Over the past 12 months, the Network’s recent work has included:
- The launch and delivery of the Grow Yorkshire / Yorkshire Food Farming and Network newsletter, which aims to bring agri-food, farming and rural intermediaries together to champion the opportunities and raise challenges across rural Yorkshire. To subscribe to receive the newsletter, click here.
- Securing funding to support a training programme for farming and rural businesses in North Yorkshire.
- Working with Defra and other organisations to share updates on latest policy, including a series of webinars.
- Engagement with senior national and regional government officials: regular meetings with Defra’s Rural and Place and Future Farming teams, last year at the Great Yorkshire Show with East Riding Cllr Evison and Interim Chair of Leeds City Region Local Enterprise Partnership, Mark Roberts.
- Hosting events including the Thriving Rural Businesses showcase at the GYS.