Askham Bryan College
18th November 2019
9am – 3pm
Do you use nitrogen on your crops?
If so, then this conference may benefit you by providing the information you need in order to increase crop yield as well as minimizing your costs.
Guest speakers include:
- Dr Kevin Hicks (University of York) Research Associate at the Stockholm Environment Institute at York University. Kevin will be acting at the facilitator for the event and has already been involved in the Yorkshire Integrated Catchment Management Solutions Programme (ICASP)
- Andrew Walker (Yorkshire Water) Catchment Strategy Manager. Andrew will be giving us a regional perspective on the issue of nitrate loss to groundwater and the effect on water quality.
- Angus Gowthorpe (Approach Farm, York). Angus is a much respected farmer in the region and has championed a number of new ways to reduce the costs of production as well as improve and protect soil quality.
- Matthew Everett (Origin Fertilisers) Matthew will be sharing the latest thinking from this international fertiliser company.
- Roger Pratchett My Data Plant (Kleffman Group). Roger will share with us the latest satellite based technology to track plant growth and better direct nutrient management.
- Nicola Wood (YARA) Nicola is the company agronomist, she will be sharing her work on a new low-carbon approach to fertiliser manufacturer and application technology.
- Clive Wood and Charlotte Helliwell (Kings Seeds). Clive is the Northern Technical Advisor and together with Charlotte has an excellent reputation for their work on winter cover crops and “green manures.”
- Dr John Adams (ADAS Biodigestate and AD plants). Professor Pippa Chapman (Leeds University) Pippa is the Chair in Biogeochemistry. Her work includes nitrogen cycling, water quality and sustainable agriculture.