Free farm business training is being offered to farmers based in Yorkshire.
The ‘Preparing for Change’ webinars are designed to help farming families to prepare for the biggest change in the agricultural industry for 60 years.
Taking place over three dates this year, the online series is a response to major changes in British farming as a result of the UK leaving the European Union and the industry’s transition to new Environmental Land Management Schemes.
Tailored specifically to farmers based in Yorkshire, the series will run as follows:
13 October 2021, 10am
The UK exit from the European Union and its affects on the agricultural industry
- How the future changes to Defra’s Agricultural Transition Plan will financially affect your business and decision-making process.
- Inclusion of and providing start-up opportunities for the younger generation.
- Taking a fresh approach to sustainable farming.
10 November 2021, 10am
Farm business basics
- An update to your financial recording knowledge and the relevant digital skills needed for HMRC’s Making VAT Digital and Making Tax Digital initiatives.
- How to ensure that systems provide management information alongside legislative records.
- How agricultural accounting systems differ from mainstream businesses.
8 December 2021, 10am
Farm business skills
- Clarifying the farm accounts.
- Keys to improving business resilience.
- Future business planning.
- Seeking out the future opportunities within Defra’s Agricultural Transition Plan.
For full details and to book a free place, visit ynygrowthhub.com/events.