Farm Tenancy Programme
Why: There is intense competition for farm tenancies. To be successful, applicants must be prepared to showcase their practical farming ability, business experience, financial sustainability and sound judgement.
That’s why the Future Farmers of Yorkshire has teamed up with industry professionals to deliver a two-day workshop which will help our members to confidently seize farm tenancy opportunities in the future.
When: This two-day course starts with a first session on Wednesday 2nd November, followed by a second session on Tuesday 15th November. Both sessions begin at 9am and finish at 5pm, with lunch included.
Where: Pavilions of Harrogate, Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG2 8QZ.
What the programme covers:
- How to prepare a farm tender and what to include
- Cashflow budgets and access to finance
- Viewing the farm and what landlords are looking for
- The interview process, and business and environmental grants
- Delegates will be invited to complete a tender document for a mock farm tender
Members taking the course will benefit from some expert insights from respected industry figures and from successful tenancy applicants:
- George Dunn, Chief Executive of the Tenant Farmers Association
- Martin Hanson, Head of Agriculture at HSBC UK
- Vicky Hudson, Livestock Vet at LLM Farm Vets
- Davina Fillingham, Associate Partner at Dee Atkinson & Harrison
- Blair Wallace, Managing Director at The Land Management Partnership
- Peter Molyneux, Estate Director at The Nostell Estate
- Philip Coles, Director of Rural Management at Savills
- Simon Haley, Director at Carbon Metrics
- Mark Pearson, Senior Agricultural Manager at Oxbury Bank Plc
Register your place:
This programme is heavily subsidised by the Yorkshire Agricultural Society. As such, places are priced at £30 plus VAT.
To find out more or to register your place, please email email@example.com