Future Farmers of Yorkshire
We believe farming in Yorkshire belongs at the leading edge of UK agriculture. Future Farmers of Yorkshire inspires and develops the very best to lead Yorkshire’s agricultural industries to a thriving future.
The Future Farmers of Yorkshire was launched in 2010 to bring together like-minded farmers, vets and industry supporters.
Since then the group has been joined by over 1,000 forward-thinking members, eager to expand their knowledge and excel in their careers.
We support them by providing a platform for debate and the sharing of ideas.
The group is supported by the Yorkshire Agricultural Society and is open to everyone within the industry. Members are from a range of sectors and enterprise sizes, with a mix of tenants, owner-occupiers, managers and employees.
What we do
The group supports Yorkshire’s future farmers in 4 ways:
- By running headline events to inspire and inform members. For example at the Great Yorkshire Show Breakfast Meeting or the Spring Debate.
- By running commercial skills, workshops and training to support members personal development.
- By mentoring and developing individual star members through sponsoring events, places with follow up training and presentations.
- By facilitating industry visits to Yorkshire’s leading agricultural businesses across the supply chain.
Join Future Farmers
Our team would love to hear from you and can help with any queries
Who are we?
The group has a management team who guide the direction of meetings and activities.
Chair – Alastair Trickett – Mixed Farmer
Vice Chair – Allie Hesketh, Assistant Environment and Land Use Adviser, NFU North East
Manager – Elizabeth Hudson, Charitable Activities Team, Yorkshire Agricultural Society
Rob Daniel – Arable Farmer & Agronomist, Agrii
Neil Eastham – Vet, Bishopton Veterinary Group
Andrew Wilson- Farmer, haulier and contractor, with livestock and electricity generation enterprises
Brexit and Agriculture
The impact of Britain’s exit from the EU (Brexit) on UK Agriculture.
What we do
The group meets several times a year at a variety of events including a Breakfast Meeting at the Great Yorkshire Show, topical debates, farm and supply chain visits and training sessions. Events are normally free in order to ensure that they are accessible to everyone.
Join us to:
- Make new business contacts
- Knowledge transfer
- A social occasion to meet like-minded people
- To gain ideas for your own businesses
- An opportunity for farmers and vets to interact
- To meet farmers facing similar challenges
- To see what the future holds for farming
Future Farmers Blog
Receive the latest farming news straight to your inbox!
You will be automatically be added to our farming network newsletter. you may also be interested in further newsletter groups. Please select your area of interest below.