Future Farmers of Yorkshire
We believe farming in Yorkshire belongs at the leading edge of UK agriculture. Future Farmers of Yorkshire inspires and develops the very best to lead Yorkshire’s agricultural industries to a thriving future.
The Future Farmers of Yorkshire was launched in 2010 to bring together like-minded farmers, vets and industry supporters.
Since then the group has been joined by over 1,000 forward-thinking members, eager to expand their knowledge and excel in their careers.
We support them by providing a platform for debate and the sharing of ideas.
The group is supported by the Yorkshire Agricultural Society and is open to everyone within the industry. Members are from a range of sectors and enterprise sizes, with a mix of tenants, owner-occupiers, managers and employees.
Over the next 4 weeks our aim is to bring the farming community together, as we consider what it means to be “Fit to farm”. We’ll celebrate and share ways to improve our mental wellbeing, consider our responsibilities as employers and look at farm safety. But to begin we’re considering physical health!
What we do
The group supports Yorkshire’s Future Farmers in 4 ways:
- By running headline events to inspire and inform members, for example the Great Yorkshire Show Breakfast Meeting or the Spring Debate.
- By running commercial skills workshops and training, to support members’ personal development.
- By mentoring and developing individual members through sponsoring event places with follow up training and presentations.
- By facilitating industry visits to Yorkshire’s leading agricultural businesses, across the supply chain.
Join Future Farmers
Members from the group meet throughout the year at a variety of events, workshops and industry visits. Join us to get involved and get ahead in Yorkshire’s agricultural industries.
Who are we?
The group has a management team who guide the direction of meetings and activities.
Chair – Alastair Trickett, Mixed Farmer
Vice Chair – Allie Hesketh, Assistant Environment and Land Use Adviser, NFU North East
Manager – Elizabeth Hudson, Charitable Activities Team, Yorkshire Agricultural Society
Rob Daniel – Arable Farmer & Agronomist, Agrii
Neil Eastham – Vet, Bishopton Veterinary Group
Freddie Watson – General Manager, The Organic Pantry Ltd
Andrew Wilson – Farmer, haulier and contractor, with livestock and electricity generation enterprises
Helen Wyman – Sales Manager, Fern Farming
James Hopwood – UK Agriculture Manager, Birds Eye UK Ltd
Brexit and Agriculture
The impact of Britain’s exit from the EU (Brexit) on UK Agriculture.
What we do
The group meets several times a year at a variety of events including a Breakfast Meeting at the Great Yorkshire Show, topical debates, farm and supply chain visits and training sessions. Events are normally free in order to ensure that they are accessible to everyone.
Join us to:
- Make new business contacts
- Knowledge transfer
- A social occasion to meet like-minded people
- To gain ideas for your own businesses
- An opportunity for farmers and vets to interact
- To meet farmers facing similar challenges
- To see what the future holds for farming
Receive the latest farming news straight to your inbox!
You will be automatically be added to our farming network newsletter. you may also be interested in further newsletter groups. Please select your area of interest below.